05 January 2011

Pushing and pulling (Romans 7 Remix)

Pushing and pulling at my soul, an endless fight
between spirit and flesh, grace and might.
I want to do well and I want to embrace
the gift of God's son and offer of grace.
But the more that I live the more that i find
my heart leans more to the stubborn kind.
Then before I can blink I find myself in
a web of deception, denial, and sin.
I would be better and feeling more free
if it weren't for this force at work at within me.
And it seems to grow stronger the more that I dare
to live in strong faith, it's always right there.
It's unrelenting grip on my soul and my mind
keeps me so out of balance and such in a bind
that I cannot keep focus upon what is right,
that freedom never comes through personal plight.
The pushing of bondage may never end
but the pulling of Grace is always a friend
that I find ever closer and there by my side
however the pushing shows up in strong tide.
The pushing and pulling of sin and grace
may cause a sometimes sluggish pace,
but the pushing of the sin law that weighs on the soul,
can never out shine the pulling I know.
This body of death that refuses to leave
is loosened by the grace on which I choose to cleave.
So I say to the pushing, "Fight 'til you bleed,"
becuase the pulling of grace is stronger in me,
and for every wound you inflict, the grace is a salve
that heals me with freedom I already have.
This grace that pulls me that came with high cost
proves never ending, the pushing has lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment