10 August 2011

Believing God

The title of this post bears two words that have been on my mind for some time, and I having quite the time rationalizing them, and then, perhaps that's the problem.
I want to think with all my heart that I live a rational faith.  There are people who need explanation out there and I have a heart for such people.  I think our faith can be intellectual and reachable.   I do not want to think ever that it is a "check your brain at the door" faith.  But then, now that I am wanting to believe God with all of my life, I am afraid irrational may just have to be a part of it.
But I would like to know where the two marry and why it is God made me a rational being.  Was it that I am just designed for certain placement in His plan? Am I to be only the "too deep guy" that you only refer people to that you believe are over-thinking it all?  Is there any such thing as over-thinking? And can a thinker "believe God" for that which he himself cannot explain?  At what point in the deep thinker's life does God really become God of wonders. No pun intended, but I wonder?
I am at a point in my life where I want to see something only God can do.  More than that, I want to be a part of it.  And even more, I want to lead people into it as well.  I want to be able to sit back and not explain something for a change.  There are parts of me that want to be a fool, a dumbfounded and baffled person at the sight of something supernatural.  I don't know if this is blasphemous to say, but I want to try Him on some things, not provoke, but just step out on what I feel in my heart (a heart I believe is guided by Him) and see how He takes care of me, what He can do through a willing vessel of faith, and watch Him get all the credit because I couldn't possibly have accomplished what comes to pass. Can I believe God for something like that? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment