21 June 2011

My Current Status Revealed

I began to muse the other day on the things that make me feel alive. I know the things I sometimes do that make me feel dead inside and produce death in me. But there are several things I do that produce life. I find that the harmful things quench the life-giving things, and I think upon evaluation, you would see the same thing. It is sometimes only after I have a series of difficult time that I can see thos same times arrive when I negelct the life-giving sources. So these are the things that make me feel the Spirit of God alive in me. Things I will try to do as often as humanly possible. Things I will not apologize for and do with confidence. Things I share with others.

I feel the Spirit of God alive in me when....

I write.

I have meaningful dialogue with a Christian brother or brothers.

I listen to music.

I muse on God's Word.

I preach.

I read.

I listen to great men of God.

I spend time with my family.

Watch inspirational true stories and epic films.

Hang out with students.

Give to a charitable or missionary cause.

These things are in no particular order, but I urge you to look at mine as an example. Of course there are other things in a day that we "have" to do. But what day of mine would not be complete or lived to the fullest if I gave attention to a few or all of those things every single day. I bet your list would be no different. Christ came to give us life. Christ lives in us. So shouldn't that manifest itself in such things that come from our heart? He came to give us life internally, as "out of our bellies will flow living water". He isn't going to smack us over the head with it. So what are you waiting for? Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment